Research management services provided by the APCRC
Improving the quality of health care and services is a priority for NHS commissioners, managers, practitioners and service users. Ensuring that there is a strong research base to underpin decision making in the NHS is central to this.
Our role at the APCRC is to encourage and support people who are embarking on research for the first time as well as more experienced researchers. We can help at all stages of the research process, from the generation of ideas, identification of funding opportunities, identifying partners in a range of organisations, costing proposals, and hosting funded grants.
The research and development team have close links with the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England, as well as Clinical Commissioning Groups in the region. Bristol CCG is a member of Bristol Health Partners, which is a vibrant and ambitious strategic research and innovation partnership. The purpose of Bristol Health Partners is to transform the understanding, prevention and treatment of key health problems in the area. Bristol Health Partners approach is based on:
- Integration - working together and applying expertise in a more focused way
- Innovation - faster development of evidence based, effective, economically viable innovations
- Involvement - closer working with patients, the public and communities
This section of our webpage explains the APCRC role in research and how we can help you. This section covers:
- Advice – who to approach for research advice
- Defining Research Management
- Research funding opportunities – where to apply for funds
- Methodology advice and ideas – who can help with methodology queries
- Excess Treatment Costs
- Hosting research in the NHS
- Flexibility and Sustainability Funding
- Research networks in the South West